[nagdu] Feeding on the go?

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 22:59:59 UTC 2014

On 12/17/14, Aleeha Dudley via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> I feed as close to normal time as possible. However my dog has come to
> understand that that he will be fed when he gets fed and no sooner. If I
> must feed on the go, I use a bamboo brand travel bowl. It's silicon and
> cleans quickly with a paper towel.
>
> Aleeha Dudley and seeing eye dog Dallas
> Vice President, Ohio Association of blind students
> Blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
> "The wind of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears." Arabian
> proverb
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Dec 17, 2014, at 4:55 PM, Daryl Marie via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>> I know I have emailed before regarding keeping emergency food baggies, but
>> what do you guys do if you are out and about and need to feed your dogs?
>>
>> I am thinking more for when we are in New York, but I seem to have put
>> myself in a situation today where I am not able to feed her until approx.
>> 6:30, which is about the end of her "I'm HUNGRY!" rope, unless I feed her
>> in the mall or on the bus, which I am not really willing to do.  She has
>> eaten that late before, but when she is hungry like that, she is much more
>> distractable.
>>
>> Should I just not worry about it and feed her when I get to my
>> destination? Find a quiet out of the way place to feed her? Give her some
>> treats to tide her over before we leave work?  Am I just over thinking?
>>
>> Daryl

>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/blindcowgirl1993%40gmail.com

I try to feed my dog as close to his feeding time as possible. My dog
generally eats his afternoon meal at 3:00. If I am going to be home
before 4:00 I generally wait but will feed him on the go if it will be
any longer. THe few times I have been out longer than I expected, I
have given him a few treats so he isn't overly hungry. I have a
collapsible bowl which is a little small but luckily I have a dog who
will eat anything anywhere as fast as possible. I will find a quiet
area, preferably with a sink so I can rinse out the bowl.
I have also considered feeding my dog once a day so would be
interested in what people have to say about this.

Danielle and Thai