[nagdu] Barking - revisited?

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 17:40:53 UTC 2014

A single, occasional bark is probably not the worst behavior a guide
can have. It seems as though Jenny feels nervous or threatened and she
is trying to express her discomfort in a non-aggressive way. If you
can tell she is staring at something/someone, attracting her attention
will break the eye contact and might make her feel more at ease. my
favorite for distractions is the "touch" command. It forces my dog to
look away from that cat that's hissing at him or the overly-friendly
person talking to him. Of course, this would only work if you could
tell Jenny is uncomfortable before she barks.
My dog has only barked in harness a few times, about four out of the
five of these times were directed at another animal.

Danielle and Thai