[nagdu] Feeding on the go?

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Thu Dec 18 18:41:02 UTC 2014

Larry,

I used to free feed, but it doesn't work with Zay. To avoid having a fat
mutt and starved poodle, I feed twice daily and complain about how I
miss free feeding. /lol/ Mitzi takes about a year to eat what Zay can
hoover down in seconds flat, and it's anybody's guess whether she will
let Zay take the bowl away from her or not, so I have to watch them or
separate them. I was hoping the games would settle down as Zay reached
adulthood, but I finally gave it up and feed Mitzi in the office with
the door closed so I can catch up on e-mail. Add the pup, who eats in
his crate, and our mealtime routine is fairly ridiculous. I miss being
able to just toss the measured amount down a couple of times a day and
fail to worry about it.

There have been times when Mitzi didn't want to eat breakfast, when
we've had a big day ahead, so that's aggravating. I just take kibble in
a bag to give her a few handfuls here and there or some snack type
treats to give her to tide her over, and that seems to work. I've also
noticed that when her appetite, especially for breakfast, is lacking,
that a pepcid seems to be in order.

Tami