[nagdu] Picking things up off the ground

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 01:44:17 UTC 2014

When I had my first dog, I was distressed because she was always
scavenging.  So I was at a convention and there was an instructor
from Seeing Eye there.  I asked if he could work with us on this.
He took his "drop things" a piece of jerky and a candy bar and
dropped them along a route.  My dog studiously ignored them.  I
was so shocked, because normally she would have lunged to get
either one.  He said that it was obvious that she was avoiding
them because she went way out of her way not to touch them.
Somehow she knew that it was a setup.  So good luck dropping your
lunch.  I really do hope it works, but don't be surprised if it
doesn't.  I have no idea how they know when it's a deliberate
on-purpose thing as opposed to something that just happens.  Lol.
Peace,    Debby and Neena