[nagdu] Picking things up off the ground

Danielle Burton danielleburton94 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 03:09:07 UTC 2014

Debby, I quite agree. Willa has some issues with picking things up off the gr_day to eat. although I can drop a piece of kibble an inch from her nose. They certainly do know when it's set up and when it happens to be there. I had a trainer suggest having a friend set up random interesting things for them along a route and tell us exactly where it is and if she goes for it stop and work on but if she igores praise and treat. Maybe could also be of use to others if you can get a sighted friend to help out. I guess we have to figure out how to outsmart their little brains which considering how intelligent they are can be difficult. Although it is frustrating it does demonstrate their intelligence. And that they know better.

Sent from my iPhone