[nagdu] Retired Guides; Do the same access laws apply?

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 23:04:49 UTC 2014

Not sure about the Fair Housing laws, but I'm guessing that
Keeper would be considered just a pet now.  We have struggled
with the same issue only traveling.  We have Lamar, my retired
guide and Flounder our cat.  We are fortunate in that my
stepdaughter loves keeping Lamar.  So he stays with her when we
have to travel.  But if we didn't have her to fall back on, we'd
definitely have a different situation.  We'd be having to find a
kennel for Lamar, or struggling to find hotels that take pets.
And it isn't as easy traveling with a non-working dog.  If we
stop along the way to eat for instance, Lamar can't go in with
us.  So that means mostly getting fast food that we can eat on
the go or bringing food with us.  If it's too cold we can't leave
Lamar in the car.  If it's too hot, we can't leave him in the
car.  We don't have our 5th wheel anymore, so camping is pretty
much out, since both my husband and I are not interested in doing
the tent thing anymore.  And sleeping in a tent with two dogs and
two humans can be warm and cozy but it also can be very hot.
Lol.  So I'm sympathetic with your situation.  I was unable to
keep other retired guides because of living in apartments.
Blessings,    Debby and Neena