[nagdu] guide dog schools

Bridget Walker bridgetawalker13 at aol.com
Mon Feb 3 22:05:26 UTC 2014

Hi Rachel,

I went to guiding eyes in July of 2011 for my first and current guide Paulson. I had a fantastic experience while training and continue to receive support as needed which has been wonderful.
While at the school I found the training process to be very positive. I received one on one instruction for everything which was great.
I know guiding eyes has a longer training program then some other schools and I like it. If you are receiving your first dog I have found the more you can do in training the better. I was always told by my trainers to voice all my challenges with my dog while in training because a trainer would not be right down the hall in a week after training.
Another point I would like to make is guiding eyes uses all kinds of methods. It is not all about leash corrections or food rewords it's everything. They may even teach you to use the clicker for targeting.
There is just so much to learn I could go on and on.
As you consider what school you choose always remember we can all tell you great things and also bad but, where you train your dog is up to you.
Best of luck on your hunt for the right school
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Best,
Bridget and Paulson

Sent from my iPad