[nagdu] Bad weather and class

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Feb 14 15:07:28 UTC 2014

It seems like, here in Jersey, we've had a major storm every week for at
least the last month, and, even when there's no storm, it's been very cold.
I wonder how the schools around here are handling it.  Do people just go
out, unless it's actually blizzarding, and stomp through the snow as best
they can?  I would have a hard time judging my new dog's pace, if all the
time we were walking carefully on ice, or maneuvering down narrow shovelled
paths.  And in my book, one or two trips to the mall exhausts the
possibilities for learning anything useful there.
Or, I suppose, they could come into New York City a lot more, because the
City tends to clean the main walkways pretty well.  A lot better than my
town does, for sure.
I wonder what Leader does, since bad weather is a constant in Michigan
winters?
Anyone been in class in the northern part of the country during January or
February, with lots of snow?
I'd be real interested to hear about it.
Tracy