[nagdu] Growing Up Fisher

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Mon Feb 24 22:38:47 UTC 2014

Actually, I wonder if it was Blind Justice? There was another one called Long Street, which I never saw. Anyway, in Blind Justice, Hank (the guide dog) was only a guide dog, never an attack dog. Yes, the cop did carry a gun. Still, that was another show whose blind character could have been done a lot worse, and in many ways did pretty well. Our stance on whether blind people should carry isn’t terribly relevant, but that point did come up in the show. I wish that that one had actually been renewed, as it really did explore some interesting issues, but them’s the breaks.As for Growing Up Fisher, I really hope it gets better, as far as being funnier. I really did want to like it, and i still do. I would say the blind character could have been lots worse. While there were things about the guide dog aspects that bothered me (veal chops?) there was also quite a bit that ws done right, the access challenge being the biggest standout. But even with its better points, to me anyway, it just wasn’t funny. Which is, after all, supposed to be the point.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY