[nagdu] Haltis and Scavenging WAS Retiring a dog early

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 08:14:05 UTC 2014

Nicole,
Both head collars function like a horse's head halter.
The gentle leader only has 2 straps with a clip on the nose strap, and
is worn as a collar on its own. It's pretty much a loop that goes over
a dog's head and around the nose.
The Halti is one piece, but has a neck strap, cheek straps, and a nose
strap with a plastic clip for adjustment. Recent models have a safety
strap that ends in a metal clip to attach to a companion collar.

Halti vs. GL
http://pawsitivedog.com/wordpress/head-halters-gentle-leader-vs-halti/

On 2/27/14, Nicole Torcolini <ntorcolini at wavecable.com> wrote:
> Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that you have them switched.
> The halty is more like a horse halter, and, unless they have changed, the
> nose strap is not adjustable. I know because the border collie mix who was
> the family pet had to wear one. The gentle leader is the one that has only
> two straps and the clip on the nose strap.

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/ntorcolini%40wavec
>>> a
>>> ble.co

>>> nagdu: