[nagdu] heartworm prevention

Kristeen Hughes khwicca at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 20:29:55 UTC 2014

Tina,
You said exactly what I am thinking. It seems to hurt nothing to leave my dogs on preventative, and I've seen dogs that get heart worm, and I will definitely pass on that one.

Also, for me right now, if I stopped treating him for the winter months, I would have to get him retested. Since he has his physical in November and gets tested then, I do not want to afford this. If I were to travel to Tucson, which I used to do a lot more, I would need him protected for that trip.

Tina is right, there are factors that we as individual dog handlers need to consider to make our best decision.

Kristeen & Mendle