[nagdu] {Disarmed} Fwd: [GuideDogs] Dogs in Europe

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Sun Jan 5 00:17:44 UTC 2014

This reminds me. I am planning to go to Britain, Ireland,
austria, Lithuania, and Iceland in August. I was worried about meeting all
the various regulations, and have pretty well decided to board my dog and
use a cane while travelling. If I change my mind, I only have a few weeks to
start the complex blood tests needed. When I wrote Seeing Eye asking whether
they would hold Gyro for me, they said reluctantly they would if I could
find no other option. I have to look into professional boarding kennels.

The lady at Seeing Eye sent me contact info for a person who had been to
Austria and Lithuania, to get details about his experiences, but he did not
reply.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Ed Meskys