[nagdu] Fw: [Nyagdu] New NBC Show is about a Graduate from Guide Dog Foundation

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Jan 17 13:36:12 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "cheryl echevarria" <cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com>
To: "nyagdu" <nyagdu at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2014 8:27 AM
Subject: [Nyagdu] New NBC Show is about a Graduate from Guide Dog Foundation

The TV show that I posted a few days ago, seems to be about a Graduate of my
guide dog school, Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc, in Smithtown, NY.
Which I also live about 2 towns away from.
Here is the information about the show.
I still concerned as to why they have to use sighted people as actors, etc
instead of real blind people, I guess we will all have to watch it and find
out more.
Mark your calendars! The Guide Dog Foundation is very excited to share the
following announcement - This new NBC prime time show is based on a GDF grad
getting his first guide dog and the impact it made on his family.

It’s officially official! Watch our special preview during the Olympics on
Sunday, February 23 at 10:30/9:30c before we settle into our regular time
period on Tuesday, February 25 at 9:30/8:30c!
The NBC Website about the show:  http://www.nbc.com/growing-up-fisher

The show's description: About the Show
It's not every family that's brought closer together by divorce, but then
again, the Fishers are anything but typical. Take Mel Fisher (J.K. Simmons,
"The Closer," "Law & Order"), for example. He's chopping down trees, showing
his daughter how to drive, and playing football with his son… except that
Mel's blind. Then there's Joyce (Jenna Elfman, "Dharma & Greg," "1600
Penn"), who is your typical teenager - really into fashion, busy with
school - but the problem is she's Mom. That makes it difficult for her
actual teenage daughter, Katie (Ava Deluca-Verley, "Southland"), whose
advice (and clothes) Joyce is always seeking. At the center of all this is
Henry (Eli Baker), the Fishers' 11-year-old son. Having always been his
dad's eyes and wingman, Henry is less than thrilled when his job is
outsourced to Mel's new guide dog, Elvis. While the boy is at first
reluctant to accept the changes that Elvis brings, adult Henry (voiceover by
Jason Bateman, "Arrested Development," "Identity Thief") realizes upon
reflection that his parents' split finally allowed the Fishers to become one
happy (divorced) family.
Having based the show on his life, DJ Nash ("Up All Night," "Bent") serves
as executive producer along with Bateman, Jim Garavente ("Identity Thief")
and Tucker Cawley ("Up All Night," "Everybody Loves Raymond"). "Growing Up
Fisher" is a production of Universal Television and Aggregate Films.

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateOffering the Best in
Meaningful Travel Experiences for Everyone!Cheryl Echevarria,
Ownerwww.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Sign up for our e-newsletter here:
http://http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=uqntbcdab&p=oi&m=1102801647124&sit=gsgfz6seb
Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for
all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama