[nagdu] Picking up in the Snow?

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 13:36:16 UTC 2014

Hi Lizzy,
You just have to do your best. If your dog's stool are regularly firm,
then there's an obvious consistency difference between the poop and
the snow. But sometimes, there's more than one turd, and they might
get buried in the soft snow, or fall into one of the dog's foot holes
in packed or frozen snow.
Good on you for getting sighted assistance, because I wouldn't do
that. Frankly, I don't worry much about poop in snow. Yes, I do my
best to pick it up, but my dog's poop is so small that I sometimes
can't find it. No worries. It's organic matter; it'll freeze, and be
gone with the snow in the spring.
And warm poop in snow! That's a joke.
Here in West Michigan, there's so much snow that any poop is chilled
instantaneously, especially in soft or fresh-fallen snow.

On 1/30/14, Sherry Gomes <sherriola at gmail.com> wrote:
> For one thing, if you can find it right away, the spot where the poop is
> will be warmer.

Raven