[nagdu] Blind New Yorker who survived fall on subway tracks with guide dog gifted new service dog

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Thu Jan 30 18:15:31 UTC 2014

What Darla says cannot be overstated or stated too often. It’s a small distinction, but it’s a really important one that we all must keep in mind. If it was the animal that ha the access right, it wouldn’t matter if the person accompanying it had a disability or not, so long as the animal was trained to mitigate a disability. See the difference?

Interestingly, the Disability Discrimination Act in the UK apparently *does* confer the right o access on the animal, not the handler, at least, this is my understanding. Of course, their regulations are also a lot strict, requiring all service dogs to come from some accredited organization such as the GDBA or other ones for service dogs.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY