[nagdu] service animals and law enforcement assistance

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Fri Jul 11 03:31:35 UTC 2014

A couple of things. First, as is with a lot of things, if you are not part
of the solution, then you are part of the problem. As many have already
said, why didn't anyone help or at least ask what they could do? Second,
maybe the police officer did not have a legal obligation to help or might
have gotten in trouble for helping, but, JMHO, if you are going to talk the
talk, then walk the walk. Even if it means getting in trouble, if you are
going to be something like a police officer, you are going to fall under
more scrutiny, and people are going to look to you as an example. I bet a
million dollars that, if the police officer had done at least something
minor, more people would have stepped up to help. And, finally, just because
it is the law to do or not do something does not mean that it is right.
People may not have legal obligations, but they do have moral obligations.
With great power comes great responsibility. Humans are intelligent and have
more control of making choices rather than following instincts, yet,
ironically, it seems to sometimes do us more harm than good.

Nicole