[nagdu] service animals and law enforcement assistance

Laurel and Stockard laurel.stockard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 03:46:49 UTC 2014

I would really like someone with legal knowledge as well as NAGDU knowledge to comment here and let us know what we have a right to expect legally, what we don't have the right to expect, and what is being advocated for by NAGDU in this area. I have not heard this legal area discussed much, and agree that it tends to be a gray area. As someone who is about to move out of state and doesn't know anyone, if something were to seriously happen to Stockard, law enforcement may be the only people who I could get to help me, but I'd be scared because I'd be unsure as to what legally I am or am not entitled to. A NAGDU blog post or commentary on this subject would be helpful I believe.

Laurel & guide dog Stockard
Scentsy Independent Consultant
https://laurelwheeler.scentsy.us