[nagdu] backward breathing

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jul 17 17:51:14 UTC 2014

Sometimes, dogs suck in air hard through the nose, then sort of
wheeze/snort.  It's not the same as coughing/choking, but in some ways it's
similar.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about?  Does anyone know what it
is, or what causes it?
Ben was doing it at lunchtime today, and it took a couple minutes before he
could stop.  My first dog did it a lot when she got older.  If she couldn't
stop, we gave her half an aspirin, and that seemed to help.  She died of a
heart attack.  Are the 2 things related?  Or is it a kind of dog asthma?
Tracy