[nagdu] Guide dogs in taxis?

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 21 01:07:50 UTC 2014

Hi!
I took a taxi yesterday, and the driver asked if I wanted to put Jenny in the back. This was a completely open area primarily used to transport people in wheelchairs. She would have had plenty of room, and I had full access to her, but I said no, I didn't feel comfortable having her in the back like that. It was a full taxi (4 people), so the question didn't aggravate me like it otherwise might have.
My teammates didn't say much beyond "She'd have so much room back there!" so I didn't feel judged or anything, but I was wondering on your thoughts. Did the driver have the right to request this?
Jenny did end up sitting in the back seat with me, curled up by my feet.
Curious Daryl