[nagdu] assisted living complex requesting documentation

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 22 16:15:56 UTC 2014

John,
	Housing accommodation are governed by the Fair Housing Act under the joint jurisdiction of the Departments of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) and the Department of Justice (DOJ). Housing accommodation are required to make reasonable accommodation to allow residents to keep their service animals in their residents. Service animals are more broadly defined under the FHA; however, residents can be required to request an accommodation and demonstrate that the animal mitigates the effects of a disability. This can be done by the presentation of an I.D. card or by a letter from a treating health care professional, such as a physician or mental health professional. I have attached more information concerning this to this message.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala