[nagdu] Do dogs get lonely ?

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 02:48:36 UTC 2014

Larry,I am so sorry for your loss.Yes,both dogs and cats do get lonely.I
have witnessed this many times,when a rescue dog is adopted and leaves,my
other dogs look for that dog.When I had to put my 15 year old cat down,my
other 18 year old cat looked for her and stopped eating for a few
days.There was a very odd reaction to the death of my guide dog Nala.When I
tearfully returned home from the Emergency Vet that night,without
Nala,EVERY dog in this house howled the most mournful howl I have ever
heard.It lasted at least several minutes, but seemed longer. Each dog
approached me and put their head in my lap.It was like they were consoling
me. They did not look for her,but they did act as if they were mourning
her.Nala was the Alfa of my pack of 8 dogs.Six dogs are mine and 2 are
foster dogs for the Rescue.The very next day,  my white Husky, Wanagi
assumed the Alfa position, but they all mourned Nala's passing for about a
week.Then they began to act normally again.   Mardi and Shaman  and Neechee.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/