[nagdu] Dogs and Pet Birds

Larry D Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Wed Jul 30 23:38:49 UTC 2014

Sounnds good! I too have birds. I was afraid that Holly would ggo after
them. She really doesn't but I don't let mine our often. I would watch the
birds as well as the dog though. I'm sure a new dog really wouldn't
apppreciate a bite from your African! I wouldn't! You'll deffinetely have to
train both! I have a red rumped parakeedt and a Burkes parakeet. My red rump
is gentle and can come out. I've let Holly nose him while I hold him to get
used to him. Now, she pretty much accepts him as us. But, a note to remember
is that it can be done but several of the breeds used come from bird dog
lines. Poodles, labs and retrievers all have bird dog in there linages.
Having said that, the poodle-westie mix I had which I had to recently put
down would not mess with my birds what so ever! He'd cry when they got on
the floor or in his water dish! He lived with doves, lovebirds and
cockatiels.