[nagdu] Crosswalk light success!

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Thu Jun 5 15:42:35 UTC 2014

Daryl,

Oh, whew! It's just no fun teaching your dog to do something new and
useful and kinda cool without an appreciative -- or even critical --
audience. /lol/ When I was training Mitzi in dog-friendly Portland, I
had to get used to having my own traveling Greek chorus, along with
sundry admirers and critics (all experts, of course, since they had
heard about guide dogs or maybe even seen one once!). /lol/

We don't get that so much here in the small town. At first I was nearly
as jumpy about the resounding silence as I was about all the input in
the city. Guess you can get used to anything.

Good work with Jenny. I may try teaching Mitzi find the pole again,
since she loves to have a sniff fest at poles whenever possible. It's
not the sniffing there that worries me but whatever she might hoover up
in the process. /shudder/ I swear, there is more stuff on the ground
here to scavenge than there ever was in the bustling metropolis. A lot
of it is highly organic what with all the wildlife roaming the
sidewalks, but there's always debris dropped by humans. So I'm cracking
down more on the spring sniff fest, but maybe I'll have better luck and
a less pouty poodle if I turn the urge into something useful.

Tami