[nagdu] Dogs finding things here and abroad

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 20:21:44 UTC 2014

I too use find the way.  It started as a kind of bridging cue.  When I'm training my dogs to guide, at first, they are only responsible for stopping at obsticles. Then I use cues like left and right to work with them to get around it.  When they have this down, then I will wait, and just not say anything accept for find the way when we get to an obsticle.  Eventually guiding around obsticles becomes just part of the job so I use find the way for very tricky situations where my dog is not certain and may need to investigate different options.
Soleil will find a counter, seats, bus benches, bus stop poles, alert me to the bus arriving— I'm deafblind, find home inside, outside and now we're doing trash can.  She will also do steps, elevator and escalator.

 Rox and the kitchen Bitches:
Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil
Pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone