[nagdu] Other Kinds of Service Dogs

Shanna Stichler slstich at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 00:37:45 UTC 2014

Dogs used for detection or law enforcement work do tend to be drivier
and more intense than most guide or assistance dogs. The handler does,
of course, play a big role in how these dogs behave in public.

Also, I think someone was wondering about how public access works with
law enforcement or any dog other than a service dog working with their
disabled handler? The only time those dogs are allowed public access if
if they are on duty with their handler. So a police officer can't bring
their working dog inside a restaurant on their lunch break, just as an
example. If they're searching a restaurant for drugs or something, then
of course the dog would be permitted.

Hopefully that makes sense. :)

Shanna