[nagdu] Dogs in the Dorms

L Gwizdak leg1950 at cox.net
Wed Jun 11 20:13:57 UTC 2014

Hi Lizzy,
I had a guide dog in a dorm many, many years ago!  I didn't have any
problems with it.

I would refrain from leting the dog be off leash in the dorm. Youo might
like to be conservative on letting people interacting with the dog.  It is
alot easier to loosen up on a hands-off policy than to have trouble and have
to make people stop interacting with the dog.  The students have to realize
that the dog is not a pet but a working service dog.  And starting
conservatively will give you the chance to really evaluate your dog's
adjustment to a dorm life and her work.  Evaluate with the4 bottom line
being "How will this action affect the dog's in harness work?" It is better
to avoit problems than trying to do damage control later.  Also, when I had
a guide dog in a college dorm situation, I had already had the dog for
several years.  I was in an adult college program, and my dog was very calm
anyway.

Good luck and have fun!

Lyn with no Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown