[nagdu] preparing for my first guide dog

Andrew J. LaPointe alapointe89 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 23 09:33:30 UTC 2014

Hi Rachel, I am on my 3rd dog from Fidelco.  I remember the first week I got
Yates and keep in mind that he was highly trained by a super Trainer and was
trained to use the Public Transit of all kinds.  This was what you would
call a perfect dog.  Now, with that said, Yates took me in the middle of a
busy intersection here in Salem for no reason at all.  A few minutes later,
Yates took  me in to the middle of a main street and took me back where we
started. >>.....They say,"follow the dog"  It was so crazy that people got
out of their cars to ask if I needed help.  After our bond, Yates proved to
be the ultimate guide no matter what time of the day or night.  Things like
this could happen but, time will take care of odd things that happen.  These
lists are here so we can help each other.  These people are the best kind
caring individuals that know just what you are going through.  I would not
want to be without a guide anymore.  I also have not had dogs in my life as
a child but, I now know what I was missing.  Best of luck, you will do
great!!  Andy and Shubert