[nagdu] preparing for my first guide dog

barbandzoe at comcast.net barbandzoe at comcast.net
Mon Jun 23 15:35:46 UTC 2014

So happy for you.
You say you have not had a pet dog, If you have never had a pet of any kind, you might want to spend time with friends who have dogs. The school will give you alot of information, but a big dog is a lot of dog and if you are nurvice about the big dog, they (the dog) will pick it up.
If you have friends and family with doge, ask if you can walk them, feed them, brush them, do tricks with them,
I say this because when you get your dog, you will have to learn how to care for the dog and how to use the training, So if you can get used to being around a dog and how they acted, getting the guide dog will be less of a new thing.
Good luck with your new friend.
barb