[nagdu] Noise at the corner

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Jun 24 14:14:05 UTC 2014

Yeah, sometimes I can't tell those things either.  Distance I'm pretty
good at; speed not so much.  So I wait, and it makes my husband crazy.
But sometimes idiots come flying down the quiet streets near my home as if
they were on the highway.  "Yo, this neighborhood is full of kids and
dogs!  Be careful!"
Also, I once heard a lecture, at a NAGDU meeting actually, about
untraining your dog's traffic skills by telling him to go when a car is
coming.  I may assume the driver will stop for the stoplight, but my dog
doesn't know any such thing.  Though it's hard to do in practice,
especially in the City, where, if I wait for everyone to stop, I may not
have time to get across. Let's just ban those darned cars.
Tracy