[nagdu] barking and dog distraction revisited?

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Tue Jun 24 16:31:13 UTC 2014

Daryl,

Probably it was something in its posture or expression. Dogs communicate
much more that way than in noises they make. What Jenny was talking
about or why she was vocalizing is hard to say. It could be anything
from a friendly greeting to a warning off or an answer to a silent offer
of play or... Who knows with dogs? Since the other dog didn't react or
at least didn't make noise, it was probably something neutral or even
friendly.

Just getting her back on track and moving on is probably the best way to
keep her from doing more of the same. I always figure that in places
where other dogs are about, the rules of etiquette for public places
where pets are not allowed are looser... But it's still just so
embarrassing to have your dog bark in harness, especially when the plain
old pet dog just keeps minding its manners. Mitzi and I have had a few
discussions on the subject, although I guess I finally won the argument
a few years back. Whew!

Tami