[nagdu] New Guidedog user

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 14:05:44 UTC 2014

hi Elizabeth,
Welcome to the list! I hope that you receive your guide very soon. I also hope that you receive information from this list that you're looking for.
I will tell you a little about myself and then answer your questions. My name is marcia, I am working my third guy dog from the guide dog foundation, on long island in New York. My puppy is a black lab cross, who is trained not only for guiding work, but for alerting and balance work. I am a student at Temple University in Philadelphia.
Now to answer your question, I'm a social worker who makes a lot of presentations. For me what works best is that I usually find a table leg where I can  loop my doggies leash around so that she will not get up and wander. My pup is a wanderer, so this just make sure she does not get up and I always know where she is at all times. Usually my pup likes to lay her head on my foot so I also always know where she is. But I like to keep my hands free as IM deaf blind and use sign language to interact with an interpreter during my presentations.
Again welcome to the list! If you need help with the list, please don't hesitate to let me know, as I am the moderator.

Marsha drenth
email: marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Sent with my IPhone
Please note that this email communication has been sent using my iPhone. As such, I may have used dictation and had made attempts to mitigate errors. Please do not be hesitant to ask for clarification as necessary.