[nagdu] working a dog in New York City

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jun 26 15:31:41 UTC 2014

Broadway is the original Indian trail in and out of Manhattan, which is why
it runs at a diagonal.  It runs all the way up to Albany.  Every time it
crosses an avenue, it creates a "square"--Times Square, Herald Square, Union
Square...and Columbus Circle.  The squares are extra-wide crossings.  I try
to avoid them if possible, and cross Broadway a couple blocks up or down
from the square, where the crossings are more ordinary.
Tracy