[nagdu] Managing Groceries and Other Large Purchases

barbandzoe at comcast.net barbandzoe at comcast.net
Mon Mar 3 17:13:29 UTC 2014

This problem is not only for the blind people, I know many people who don't have a car, and they have to find a way to get their stuff home.  Many have a cart or wagon, and also have kids or spouse to help.   But you know, if you can't find someone who will drive you to help pick up the big stuff, there is nothing wrong with going to the store and buying what you need and calling a cab to pick you up.   Bring independent is also knowing when you need help and asking for it.     My sister and her husband get to know the cab drivers in what ever town they are living in.  they would call the same cab company and start getting the same couple of cabbies. I will say that my sister and her husband are two of the most independent people I know.  they just know they are not going to carry the heavy stuff and so they just do what they have to do.
What ever shop you shop at, see if they have a website, and many times through the website things can be order.
I am always looking for a good cart to use on the bus, so it become a bit of a game.
Barb