[nagdu] Question about fenced in yards

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Mar 19 12:29:24 UTC 2014

To add to what Nicole said, my understanding of invisible fences is that
there's no barrier to prevent a person or loose dog from walking in and
harming your dog.  I vaguely remember hearing about a dog being killed by a
loose dog who attacked it, and the fenced dog couldn't get away because, if
he tried, he got zapped.

I have a fenced yard, but I don't leave my dog out in it alone.  I might run
inside to grab a gardening tool, but I don't like to be away more than a
minute.  I want to be out there with the dog, and he wants me there, too.

My first dog retired to live with my parents, and Mom told me that old Glade
had a problem with the concept that she could actually go outside without
some person nearby.
Tracy