[nagdu] Raw feeding

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Thu Mar 20 19:19:20 UTC 2014

Well, my only comment on the food thing is that dogs are somewhat removed
from there wild ancestors. They traditionally eat primarily meat. But,
domestication and breeding has taught them to eat almost anything! Well,
maybe more stuff to say. I've seen vegan dog food! I'm not sure that's a
good idea iether. Haven't met a dog yet who's a vegan! Finally, wolves whom
are current companions come from are great scavengers! Wild wolves will eat
grapes, grass and berries. Not always good for them but they do.  I love
folks who say our dogs should eat like wild dogs or eat natural foods. We
forget that there aren't any wild poodles, labs or goldens. And, if there
are, it wasn't there choice! I use chicken soup dog food and suppliment it
with a taste of other high quality foods that have fish or duck,bison or
venison. On reare occassions I feed them eggs, gibblets or plain meat. Not
spiced or anything. I do cook it though. This is because I don't believe in
feeding raw food. Don't want all of the bacteria and parasites that can hide
in there. Wouldn't want to treat Holly for trichinosis. Which isn't just
found in pork but in many other animals such as deer and fish.