[nagdu] questions about guide dog access denials

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sat Mar 22 03:07:55 UTC 2014

Do taxis count?

-----Original Message-----
From: nagdu [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Alyssa
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2014 12:21 PM
To: nagdu at nfbnet.org
Subject: [nagdu] questions about guide dog access denials

Hello listers. I'm doing a research paper for my college English class on
the laws of service animals and the penalties for the access denials of
these animals. So I wanted to ask you, my fellow guide dog users a few
questions. Here is the list.
1. Have you and your guide dog been denied access to a public establishment?
examples include stores, restaurants,  theaters, etc. If so, explain.
2. How were you treated upon entry to this facility with your dog?
3. How did you handle the situation?
4. did you revisit this establishment? If so, were there anymore issues upon
your entry?
Thank you for taking the time to look at this list. I have to have a source
for this paper  in which I conducted the research myself. That is why I'm
posting these questions here. Feel free to answer on or off list. Thank you
all very much.
Alyssa who is hopefully getting a new dog soon

Sent from my iPad