[nagdu] Noticing medical issues?

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Wed Mar 26 00:13:34 UTC 2014

Daryl,

Behavioral changes are good clues, and those are easier to notice as you
get to know your dog better and better. Also, changes in odor or feel
can tell you a lot.

With yeast infections in the ears, there is a kinda sweet smell (best I
can describe it). So if one of our dogs is scratching or digging at an
ear, I sniff it. /lol/ If it smells like plain old doggy ear, then if
the scratching continues or turns into digging, we will wash the ears
out for a day or two. But if it smells yeasty, we do a vinegar/water
mixture for about a week.

hth

Tami