[nagdu] Noticing medical issues?

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 02:38:54 UTC 2014

Signs of an outer ear infection include scratching or pawing at the
infected ear, rubbing the ear on the carpet, an odor, discharge, and
constant or repetitive head-shaking.
An If Jenny had an eye malady, the gunk would return. Sometimes, dogs
get stuff like hair, dirt, and such in their eyes just like we do. It
is possible that Jenny got something stuck in her eye, and was doing
what she could to get it out.
You notice something is wrong with your dog by getting to know your
dog's body. By playing with, massaging, and doing regular home exams
of your dog, you get to know her body, and you will especially know
when something isn't right.

On 3/25/14, Jewel <herekittykat2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed Faye's ear infection because she kept scratching it all the time
> and her ear smelled wrong. Also, I cleaned her ears and the infected one
> gave off dark stuff, while the other ear didn't and smelled fine, like a dog
> should.
> Infected eyes give off discolored junk and the dog is constantly rubbing
> their face on the floor.
> I think I got it right... Please correct me if I am wrong!
> Jewel
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Mar 25, 2014, at 5:08 PM, Daryl Marie <crazymusician at shaw.ca> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have noticed several posts fairly recently regarding noticing ear
>> infections in dogs.  How do you notice such things?
>> I am just curious.
>> Jenny will occasionally scratch an ear after a good long nap... I am
>> assuming this is fairly normal, as her ears are not hot and there is no
>> discharge, and the scratch does not happen a lot.
>> Also, a coworker who's allowed to say hi to jenny (off-harness, of course)
>> mentioned that she was covering her face while she was rolling over, and
>> perhaps may have pawed at an eye because there was a small amount of water
>> near the corner of her eye.  I lightly wiped her face and the water is
>> gone, did not return.
>> I will keep monitoring this, and will ask Hubby regarding the eye, but was
>> wondering how you guys figure out if something is wrong or if it's just
>> the way it is.
>>
>> Daryl and the sleepy Jenny

>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/herekittykat2%40gmail.com

Raven