[nagdu] Changing my petting policy

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 15:12:05 UTC 2014

I live in a college town and am currently a student, so I get a lot of
pettin requests, and a lot of petting without request. Dallas is very
solicitous and I'm told he has extremely expressive eyes. I've had
everything from a drive-by, or walk-by, petting, where this girl
literally touched me dog while we were walking past each other in
opposite directions. I've had people make kissy noises at my dog in
buildings and in the street, which has almost cost me. I've had people
blatantly contradict me when I say my dog is working. And evidently
there is a rumor going around campus that I abuse my dog because I
correct him firmly when he's being a jerk. I had one girl say: "I feel
so bad for him. He never gets a break and has to work all the time."
Really? He's got the best life a dog could ask for: exercise, food, a
healthy weight, and a ton of love.
[Aleeha and the snoozing, non-working Dallas