[nagdu] Changing my petting policy

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri May 2 18:06:18 UTC 2014

Aleeha, you left out the best bit of a guide dog's life--he gets to go
everywhere with his person.  He's almost never left home alone for hours, as
many pets are.
And, perhaps because our dogs have been bred to work, I think many of them
have an idea that what they do really makes a difference to their person,
and that matters to them.  I think, though I'm not sure, that sometime
during class, the dog realizes that this is not the fun game he played with
his trainer; now it really matters, and this person really needs his skills.
Tracy