[nagdu] update on my work question

Julie J. via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Thu May 15 16:16:33 UTC 2014

Thanks to all of you!  Yes, my employer is super supportive of me as a blind
person, but really it isn't a big deal.  I know this sounds kind of
backwards, but I have never had in depth conversations with anyone in my
office about Braille, guide dogs, accessible technology or general
blindness.  I just do what I need to to do and take care of my job
responsibilities and it's all good.  I guess perhaps that's education by
action?  I don't know.

I'm not sure how educated any of them are about blindness and what guide
dogs do exactly.  I'm not sure that it matters to them.  I show up and get
stuff done, so they are happy.  It works.   I don't think the details of the
how are so important as the results.
Julie