[nagdu] Handling our dogs and bowling alleys

L Gwizdak via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Sun May 18 17:38:05 UTC 2014

Wow! Ashley, you have a dog named Landon?!  What breed, age and where did
you get him?

I have been very busy lately and not on the lists.  I have just retired my
guide Landon!  He is a red Golden/Lab cross from Seeing Eye.  I got him in
2007 and I brought him to his retirement home this past Thursday morning.
He will be a resident therapy dog at a senior assisted living facility in
Carlsbad, CA (in SD County).  He didn't want to be a guide anymore and was
too slow for me.

I am now between dogs.  I'm having surgery Tuesday and will not go for a new
dog until August if there's a match for me.  It is real weird being without
a dog. I have had guide dogs for most of the time sinse 1973.

I will be basically homebound for a week so I expect to get on the computer
sinse I won't be able to do much else! After I get the drains out, I can
start to do things again as long as it isn't too strenuous.

In case you're new to the list, I'm Lyn (with one n) am 63 and live in San
Diego, CA.  I am active with my blind center, my Democratic Party club, and
things in the LGBT community.  I am also part of a local group that is
getting a new NFB chapter going here as the closest ones are in Escondido
and Carlabad and not very accessible to non drivers.

Hope all is well with folks who are in the areas of the recent tornadoes.

Lyn who just retired my Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown