[nagdu] Handling our dogs and bowling alleys

L Gwizdak via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Sun May 18 17:48:51 UTC 2014

Ashley,
I forgot about your question about having a dog at a bowling alley. LOL!

I used to bowl and had my dog with me - actually several dogs.  I would see
how your dog reacts to the noise of the bowling alleys - maybe don't plan on
bowling your first day of bringing the dog if the dog seems apprehensive of
the atmosphere there.  Most dogs do well.  I don't know how your alley is
configured so you may be able to tie the dog with the leash to the bank of
chairs near the lane you're on.  That's the ideal but make sure the dog
isn't on the actual wooden lane part so his nails don't scratch the floor.
Keep him on the linoleum or carpeted part.

You want to keep him calm and quiet so not to distract nearby bowlers.

I have never had any problem with any of my dogs and my friends haven't had
any problems either.  Try to make sure your dog can see you and see what is
going on.

HTH

Lyn who retired my Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown