[nagdu] Handling our dogs and bowling alleys

Lori Dent via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Sun May 18 21:52:01 UTC 2014

Hi Ashley,

I haven't been posting in a while so I missed your question about taking
your guide to the bowling alley. What was  your original question? I take my
guide with me to the bowling alley and I bowl on a league. I usually just
have my dog lay next to my chair  that I will be sitting in on the carpetted
floor. My dog doesn't even need to be tied down to a chair leg or a table
leg because my dog will just curl  up and go to sleep. He won't move and
he's not bothered in the least by the noise of the bowling alley or bowlers.

In fact, while I was training with my guide dog Gipp at LeaderDogs back in
December of 2010, it was too cold to  work our dogs outside this particular
day, so the trainers took the entire class of students and their dogs to the
bowling alley that afternoon. We had 15 students and dogs at the bowling
alley.

My dog Gipp did great at the bowling alley with the entire class and their
dogs.

 Take care.

Lori and the Gipper