[nagdu] Booking vacations?

Daryl Marie via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Sun May 25 03:49:46 UTC 2014

Sooooooo...

On the spur of the moment, hubby and I decided that we are going to New york City for Christmas/New Years.  We will be bringing Jenny along with us, and I have about a million questions:

1) when booking flights, do you advise the airline you are traveling with a guide dog?  If so, how has this been?  I mentioned it to one airline company and, in effect, because it wasn't a package vacation (because I am traveling with a service dog), they quoted me a price $500 above the rate it would've been if I wasn't traveling with her.  This does not seem equitable...
2) Are there such a things as quiet off-leash parks in New York (don't jump down my throat, I just want info!)
3) Pointers on places to go?

I am sure I have more...

Daryl