[nagdu] Stressed and confused

Kathy Davis via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Wed May 28 02:41:46 UTC 2014

Hi There,
	And what is your name? I too live in the Daytona Beach area. I know my previous dog who is now happily retired kind of phreaked out every time he heard the sound of the air breaks of a bus. Like you I was majorly stressed about this. Davey, my previous guide, didn't have any problem with vans or even trains but just the sound of those air breaks. I don't think there was anything I could have done to help my boy get over that fear. I wish I could help more but in the meantime, I think this is a critical matter for you to handle with your school and hopefully one of the trainers can be of help. It's really tough when one has to depend on busses for transportation when your dog is so upset and anxious.

Kathy