[nagdu] Raincoats?

Gary Steeves via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Wed May 28 22:40:25 UTC 2014

Hi Daryl:

As you might imagine, living in Vancouver, a rain coat is a key part of Bogart's wardrobe.  I bought one from a pet store here called Tisol.  They might be in alberta as well. It has velcrow under his tummy and around his neck and it is worn under his harness.  It is a sort of lime green colour. Nice and bright. Weirdly they wanted another $20 for a yellow coat. His cost $40 if I recall corectly.  Bogart doesn't mind the rain sometimes but he hates working in the rain and hates his raincoat. When Igrab it he starts walking away as we do our slow "white bronco" chase through the house. <smile> However, if I took bogart at face value I would think he never wanted to work. When I ask him to go into his harness he turns his head away and we think aboutr it for awhile.  I give him about 30 seconds to comply before I put it on hm.  However, he enjoys his work and generally, except when the rain coat is on, works with tons of energy.

Is the gdb raincoat branded?  My school might not want bogart wandering around in another schools coat. <smile>  they are locatred in eastern canada so are more worried about snow than rain.

Cheers
Gary