[nagdu] Testing my dogs wait.

Kathy Davis via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Sat May 31 02:43:09 UTC 2014

A sure way to determine if your dog has put on weight is by needing to
loosen the harness strap. It's just like when we put on weight, we usually
have to loosen our belt. Moreover, I find that sighted friends and relatives
will make comments in a heartbeat like...."Oh Tom, Fido is getting fat." One
thing is for sure, one of the very worse things we can do is to give our
dogs extra treats. Sure they will always take that extra biscuit or whatever
but they aren't necessarily hungry. Even if they are it is a good thing to
limit treats to one or two a day. Just my take on the matter. I have never
had an overweight dog and I do not intend to because I know my dog will
likely become sluggish, have joint issues and probably have to be retired
way too soon.

Hope this helps. Oh yes, since I live in close proximity to Wade's vet, I
have someone drop me by his office just to get my boy weighed every couple
of months.

Kathy Davis