[nagdu] guidedog and mobility skills

Danielle Burton danielleburton94 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 03:21:04 UTC 2014

Larry, there are a few variations with guide dogs for deaf-blind. They are solely trained to guide but may be trained using sign languge or being able to respond on the hand signal without verbal support. They are also really traffic trained. It is still the handler's responsibility to get across the street and that doesn't always mean by deciding when to cross. Many people who are  deaf-blind get sighted assistance across the street. So  to clarify you do not have to be able to cross a street in order to get a guide dog.  I can cross some streets independently and some I cannot.

Danielle and Willa