[nagdu] How often does a dog have to work?

Lisa dreamymarmot93 at yahoo.de
Sun Nov 9 12:50:09 UTC 2014

Hello everyone!

Thanks so much for your replies! That really helped me.
Nicole, I meant actual guide work. Taylor quickly showed me that if not
guiding, exercise is a necessary part of the day. :-)

I think I currently do things similar to alot of you: Since Taylor is new
with me and also incredibly energetic, I try to work with him every day. In
the beginning, I was concerned when there was a Sunday I just felt like
relaxing because training was exhausting and everything. But by now, when
there is a day I don't feel like being guided we do obedience or work on
smaller issues inside the house and of course play a lot. This way, Taylor
seems to be fine afterwards. If we wouldn't do anything, so neither guiding
nor another activity that involves him, he would probably destroy everything
in here ;-) As I said, he can be wild like a puppy.

Oh, and Becky, what you said is also true for me. I enjoy doing guide work
in our area even if we have no appointment or something to do because I'm
still learning new things every day.

Thanks again for all your opinions.
Lisa